May 6th, 2006
what a wonderful life now school is over!! happiness and joy!!Ah, such optimism to precede such failure. GRE over the summer? Work at the zoo? Secure a job in less than three months? For someone who was so excited I sure took my sweet ass time accomplishing all my delightful tasks. Some of which I'd never accomplish at all.
i get to sleep in, play video games, take time to make myself yummy foods, and to actually clean up the dishes every other day instead of once a week, cuz i have the time! but it won't last.
i'm actually still being fairly productive, getting things together for africa. i have my passport, i have my tickets, and now i just have to finish up the details of packing and getting ready. I leave MAY 17th, PLANE TAKEOFF 6:20 PM!!! so excited. and scared. very scared. but that's life.
plus, once i get back, i'm starting to work full time almost immediately. thanks to several strokes of good luck i will be able to work with Lili (basically same job i've had all year but full time) until the end of august, and while i work it will be time to study for the gre, look for grad schools, and look for DC jobs! and of course visit my wonderful bf while he's in DC as much as possible.
I think the opportunities for me in DC are actualy pretty good. I could work at a university, or if i get lucky, at the natural history museum, or the smithsonian's international zoo. how COOL would that be? and to live in DC? again, very scared, but very excited. so much to do! and i can't wait to do it.
also i've been updating on deviantart, like i said before. go! look! tell me i only kind of suck!!! xp
http://sapphira-reborn.deviantart.com
Though I did continue to waste plenty of time browsing deviantart and trying to emulate the other artists there. I'm not bad, I know. But art is one of those things you really need to practice, to do all the time, if you really want to be good. Kind of like most skills in life. Except perhaps for riding the bike. But endurance while riding the bike - now that takes practice. And squeezes bike-riding into my generalization. Anyhow, should one spend hours and hours riding the bike and let the rest of their life stagnate? Probably not. Stupid bikes.
1 comment:
Hey! So I just checked your deviant art page (which I haven't looked at in probably 5 years). You've got some pretty sweet digital pictures! I didn't know you got into the digital stuff - or that you were good at it! LOL. Oh and SushiBattle cracks me up. :)
Post a Comment