Call for commentary:
What was it like moving away from college? Leaving campus for the first time in four years without expecting to go back must be akin to the feeling you would have if you were moving to Europe or Asia without knowing when, if ever, you would come back.
Where were you going? Did you want to go there or was it decided for you? Was it what you expected? Did your parents fight you on it? Was cost a shock? Was the neighborhood a shock? Did your roommate make you homicidal? Suicidal? Or just want to never come home again?
Share your trials, tribulations or expectations met or gone awry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It has now been almost 17 years since I left college, taking a year off before grad school and moving back home. Except that my mom had moved twice during my college years and was preparing to remarry.
It really was an adjustment, and lasted for about a year. A very trying year, but I worked two jobs and tried to work on my foreign languages in that time and was still on campus fulfilling a political office, so I was caught between the worlds of college and home, which no longer felt like home.
Now I am rambling, but that is it.
Post a Comment